Carand Burnet is a poet and essayist. Her writing has been featured in Crazyhorse, Gulf Coast, Jubilat Poetry Journal, and her work is listed as a notable in the Best American Essays. She is the author of the chapbook Henhouse (Projective Industries Press) and co-author of The Principles of Fraying (Factory Hollow Press).
Since 2010, Burnet has been an arts correspondent for publications including Art New England Magazine, Art In Print, Printmaking Today, and Printeresting.org. She is the recipient of scholarships from the Key West Literary Seminar, The Fine Arts Work Center, The Wesleyan Writers Conference, and has completed two residencies at the Turkey Land Cove Foundation of Edgartown, MA.
Work Available to Read Online:
- Fragile Paper Timeships: Photographs by Joel Meyerowitz Review
- Curating New Conclusions Feature Article
- Origami Interpretations: Artwork by Gloria Garfinkel Spotlight Review
- Telephone Exhibition: The Unity of Opposites Review
- No Poisons Used in These Prints Article
- Collaborative Conclusions Article
- Axis Creative Nonfiction Essay
- Henhouse Poem
- We Were Only Folklore Poem